POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness : Re: Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitness
From: Warp
Date: 3 Feb 2012 13:22:10
Message: <4f2c25d2@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >    I recommend a 7-10 km route.

> At school one time, they took us on a 5 mile walk. It took us over 8
> hours to complete that. (5 miles is, what, 8 km?) I think this might be
> a bit extreme.

  It's not extreme at all. A walking speed of 5 km/h isn't even very fast.
Making 7 km in 1 hour is not only possible even for a slightly less fit
person (at least after a while), it's quite an optimal amount.

  You won't get fit by walking a quarter mile. (Nor if you walk significantly
less than an hour every day, nor if you don't get sweaty and with a raised
heart rate.)

> > Start walking it at a relatively fast pace.

> I always find that makes my shins hurt. (Which is odd, considering that
> there's no muscle there...) Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splints

  It can be alleviated with proper shoes and walking on proper terrain.
Other than that, there's no easy solution, but usually it gets better
when you get fitter.

--
                                                          - Warp