POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness : Re: Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitness
From: Tom Austin
Date: 2 Feb 2012 16:51:57
Message: <4f2b057d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/2/2012 9:12 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> Try turning your desk into a standing desk - raise the monitors and get
>>> some boxes for the keyboard/mouse.
>>>
>>> Guys at our office really like it.
>>
>> +5 insightful
>
> Although, it probably isn't feasible. And I'm not sure /standing/
> motionless uses any more energy than just sitting motionless...

It is very feasable - I've done it my self.  Some boxes for the poor
man's version - one guy here used an old computer case for a while.

Do a lookup on standing vs sitting at a desk job.  There are many
benefits - like reducing the risk of heart attacks, etc...

If you try it, it may feel weird and unnatural at first - give it a
little time - you are used to sitting.