POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 2 Feb 2012 09:16:28
Message: <4f2a9abc@news.povray.org>
Le 2012-02-02 05:24, Invisible a écrit :

> I can see that knowing about how (say) Google manages their data centres
> might be quite useful if you're applying to Google. If you're applying
> to somebody who isn't Google, I'm not sure how that's useful.

IT manager: "We have multiple data centres, built out of containers,
each with their own blah blah blah..."

Darren: "Ah.. Like Google?"

IT Manager (to himself) "Good.  I won't have to go over it with this
candidate."  (to Darren) "Yes, except that they do XYZ, whereas we rely
on ABC to do that... Yada Yada Yada...

-----

IT manager: "We have multiple data centres, built out of containers,
each with their own blah blah blah..."

Andy: "I didn't know you could do that!"

IT Manager (to himself) "Sigh.  I'm going to have to start from the
birds and Bees with this guy..."

-----

Which of the two, do you think the IT manager will hire?