POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2012 17:29:15
Message: <4f29bcbb$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:45:18 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>> Of course, you can also decide that it's not worth it to learn about
>> these things and simply shrug it off, but don't complain that you can't
>> get jobs outside of the little hole you dug yourself into.
>
> I didn't say it's not possible to get a job, I said it's not possible to
> get insight without getting a job.

That's simply not true.

Case in point:  I worked as a system administrator and systems engineer
for years.  Then I moved into technical training and education.  I had no
formal background in technical training, course development, etc.  So I
talked to people in that line of work before moving into it to see if it
was something I might be good at.

I got insight without getting the job.

Similarly, I've never been a software engineer before, but I've gotten
insight into how things like SCRUM and Agile work by talking to people
who use them on a daily basis.  Again, no job, but insight.

Jim