POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livecoding in Haskell : Re: Livecoding in Haskell Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livecoding in Haskell
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Jan 2012 18:51:36
Message: <4f287e88$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/31/2012 9:52 AM, nemesis wrote:

>>> oh, a masochist. My bad...
>>
>> It's the standard command interpreter on Windows. Shame it sucks, but hey.
>
> yeah, you can also use the (sub)standard text editor that comes with it and
> likewise for browser, image editor, shame whip etc...

Used to use 4Dos to extend that thing, but I refuse to pay what they
want, just to add some color masking of file types, and a few commands,
how ever useful, that MS never bothered to. MS decided a "better"
solution was to create a command line "scripting host", which lacks the
sandboxing that prevents it running some system commands instead regular
applications. However, since they never gave anyone a damn clue it
exists, or provided any easy way to figure out how the hell to use it... lol