POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bistro : Re: Bistro Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bistro
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 31 Jan 2012 07:59:42
Message: <4f27e5be$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/31/2012 07:11 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 30/01/2012 10:56 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> I'm sure you'd most likely NOT see wall paper like this but I like it
>> anyways. I used JVPs' wallpaper code he posted a while back with a Monet
>> (of all things) IMHO: it would seem that combining the geometry of the
>> tiling pattern and the fuzzy aspect of impressionism is a good thing.
>>
>> I used a 3 point lighting scheme instead of radiosity this time. A 10x10
>> area light for the key, a shadowless point light for the fill, and the
>> bright spot on a hdr map as the back light.
>>
>> The glass table top material needs some work for sure, and I'm thinking
>> about dropping the bagel/basket.
>
> I like but a couple of points.
> Have you got a small camera angle? The back wall looks very close to the
> table, to me.

yep ... my setup is still a ways off. I was trying for some shadow play
with the palm. I need to widen the camera angle AND back the wall off,
but then the top part of the view will be left with some space to fill.
A painting didn't fit the bill ... LOL that's how the Monet found it's
way into this scene. I'm going to have to come up with a cupboard or
sideboard. If I use a little focal blur, maybe I can get away with
something low-ish detail. The up side, a little floor in the view would
probably be a good thing.

> The saucers have got very high bases or are floating through the cups.

> about a cake stand instead?

since you're not the 1st to mention that I probably ought to have a
closer look at the model. Don't like bagels either ... maybe some fruit
would look better.