POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Segmentation fault with animation of large image : Re: Segmentation fault with animation of large image Server Time
21 Jun 2024 02:09:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Segmentation fault with animation of large image
From: Alain
Date: 29 Jan 2012 17:38:11
Message: <4f25ca53@news.povray.org>
Le 2012/01/29 06:11, Le_Forgeron a écrit :
>>> Well, if someone can try that on Windows (animation, picture size bigger
>>> in any dimensions, including both, than the available display)
>>>

>> Why would a crash in Unix-specific code have any impact on
>> Windows-specific code?
>
> Not directly, but a similar error might have been copied&pasted... or
> served as a common design (by same authors or like, so it was an error
> on unix, it might also on others.. I just do not know their ways of
> handling the scaling (if any) of large pictures)
>
> Better check while at it than sorry in 8 months.

Using the Windows version, if the image is larger than the display, the
image is not scaled but scroll bars will appears.
If you maximize the display window, then the image is scaled.
Tested at 3200 by 1200 (1600 by 1200 display) and got no problem when
starting the second frame with display maximized.

Alain