POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Segmentation fault with animation of large image : Re: Segmentation fault with animation of large image Server Time
1 Jun 2024 12:42:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Segmentation fault with animation of large image
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Jan 2012 06:11:36
Message: <4f252968$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/01/2012 22:09, Thorsten Froehlich nous fit lire :
> On 28.01.12 19:54, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>>> I have not run an animation this large in Windows, so I don't know if
>>> it's a
>> Well, if someone can try that on Windows (animation, picture size bigger
>> in any dimensions, including both, than the available display)
>>

> Why would a crash in Unix-specific code have any impact on
> Windows-specific code?

Not directly, but a similar error might have been copied&pasted... or
served as a common design (by same authors or like, so it was an error
on unix, it might also on others.. I just do not know their ways of
handling the scaling (if any) of large pictures)

Better check while at it than sorry in 8 months.