POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 28 Jan 2012 04:25:43
Message: <4f23bf17$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/01/2012 02:53, Patrick Elliott nous fit lire :
> And, must like the "divine right of kings", its purpose wasn't to
> explain why bad things happened, or give some sort of hope (save in the
> entirely false sense, rather like the after life of Christianity), but
> to maintain how things already are. If you don't have a next life, or
> there isn't someone telling you, "If you do all the right things, it
> will be better next time", you will act to change things. If you think
> your deserve what you get, or will be rewarded for suffering it, then,
> the very act of apposing it is, by definition of how what those rules
> say about your caste, life, choices, failures, and even luck, evil (or
> bad karma).

Yep, you have some clues.
Human nature has a boon: consciousness of its own inescapable death.
And a malediction: high vulnerability in early years of life.

It generates so much stress on the long term that any derivative is
happily welcomed: here comes the various religions and ruling systems.
Most bad positions become acceptable (to most, not for all) if you have
the possibilities or probabilities to reach the other position in the
futur. children might become parents, young one might become old ones...
the vassal system is that kind too: serf to lord, lord to count, count
to duc, duc to king... and king need a top also to stay similar, it can
be emperor or god(s). It's also a repetition of the parental scheme of
younger time... "all is good, I have a powerful and mighty protector"