POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In Crysis : Re: In Crysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In Crysis
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Jan 2012 04:30:08
Message: <4f226ea0$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/01/2012 04:23 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 1/25/2012 2:10, Invisible wrote:
>> Actually, that reminds me: Ever since my PC went dual-core, The Settlers
>> will no longer run. Nothing I do seems to fix it. When you try to
>> start the
>> game, it just summarily crashes with an obscure error message.
>
> Have you tried setting the thread affinity to just one core?
>
> I've heard of a couple of old games like this, and just locking it to
> one core fixes it.

For a while CSS would be all jittery unless I pinned it to just one
core, and then it would run fine. (They eventually fixed that.)

The trouble is, when I launch The Settlers, it crashes in about 4 ms -
far too quick for me to open Task Manager and fiddle with the affinity
settings. Unless there's some how to specify such settings before a
program starts?