POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Jan 2012 04:35:37
Message: <4f211e69$1@news.povray.org>
>> I've noticed that some people regard Obama was the Messiah, the most
>> wonderful thing ever to happen in American history. And others regard
>> him as pure, liquid evil. Clearly these two viewpoints cannot both be
>> correct. Having no clue what Obama has actually done, I have no idea
>> which one to believe.
>
> It's subjective.
>
> You could probably learn a lot by reading his Wikipedia entry.

Yeah, but... it's subjective. ;-)

The other day, I read about something called "the church of
scientology". From what Wikipedia said, this is /obviously/ a criminal
organisation that should be shut down immediately. And yet, various
national governments have investigated it and decided either to take no
action, or to officially recognise it as legit. So clearly Wikipedia
isn't presenting the full picture here.

I imagine the same can be said about any topic which people are likely
to have strong opinions about.