POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I give up rendering... : Re: I give up rendering... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I give up rendering...
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 26 Jan 2012 00:20:08
Message: <4f20e288$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> And what do you call one who looks at a joke and takes it seriously?

I wasn't looking at the joke, obviously. So, how do you call a person
that thinks he can understand to another, who honestly fails to
understand a third, but fails, pretending to be smarter by diminishing
when he is as wrong as the one he pretends to correct?

> Surely enough povray can render real reflections and GI with more than 1 bounce
> with radiosity -- though as the Crytek guys noted, 1 bounce is good enough for
> movies. For bonus with povray folks, you could even render a complete CSG
> Titanic made up from boxes and cylinders.  But surely enough the video shows how
> amazing to be able to do it real time with graphics that look good enough
> running on off-the-shelf hardware rather than some renderfarm.

Of course raytracing rendering will be superior, to real-time 3D GPU
rendering, at least until GPUs can raytrace.