POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : In Crysis : Re: In Crysis Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In Crysis
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jan 2012 05:10:50
Message: <4f1fd52a$1@news.povray.org>
> Wow.. Except for things just not wanting to install, or maybe 1-2 games
> that actually have crashed, and I had a fair idea why (like low memory
> resources, or the like), I literally haven't seen any of this stuff... o.O

Actually, that reminds me: Ever since my PC went dual-core, The Settlers
will no longer run. Nothing I do seems to fix it. When you try to start
the game, it just summarily crashes with an obscure error message.

I keep thinking maybe I could run it in a VM - except that I'd need a
license for another copy of Windows XP, and nobody sells those any more.

> When playing Arkham Asylum I was running on a machine that was "below
> spec", so a lot of the animation was slower than normal, in some places,
> so that "could" potentially cause the same sync issue, on a machine that
> is on/over-spec.

Oh, I've seen plenty of PC games do things they shouldn't. What I'm
saying is that it's fairly rare for a game to *crash*. Sometimes a game
won't work at all, but it's unusual for one to intermittently crash.
(Unless that game is Cryostasis. :-P )