POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jan 2012 04:57:26
Message: <4f1fd206$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/01/2012 10:44 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> But yeah, lot of idiots claiming this is the worst president we ever
> had, and a lot legitimate complaints about him, but he managed in a few
> months what Bush and Co. couldn't do in a decade, along with a fair long
> list of other things, none of which would have happened with one of the
> idiots calling him "the worst" in office instead.

I've noticed that some people regard Obama was the Messiah, the most
wonderful thing ever to happen in American history. And others regard
him as pure, liquid evil. Clearly these two viewpoints cannot both be
correct. Having no clue what Obama has actually done, I have no idea
which one to believe.

> Could have been better, but hell.. what can you do when you couldn't
> probably even pass a law saying, "The sky is blue", without having the
> less insane Republicans first agree with it, then tack on 50 idiot
> things that undermine civil liberties, or mandate insane shit, at the
> behest of the Tea Party, then claim, due to pressure from the same Tea
> Party crazies that they disagree with it, then finally come out
> insisting they never thought it was blue in the first place (because
> they might lose their job, if they went against the crazies now running
> the Republicans), and all, at least in part, because they want to, "make
> Obama a one term president".

...OK, you *do* sound like you're constantly angry.

Also: WTF is this "tea party" I keep hearing about?

> We are dealing with some true nuts right now, like the one Senator that
> has just proposed a bill banning the use of fetuses in human food, on
> the theory that this is the **only** possible thing that someone might
> use "recombinant methods" to do, in food manufacturing... WTF?

...the HELL?! o_O