POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Invisible
Date: 24 Jan 2012 04:34:04
Message: <4f1e7b0c$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/01/2012 06:13 PM, Warp wrote:
> Invisible<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> On 23/01/2012 10:29 AM, John VanSickle wrote:
>>> Wait, isn't Pipa some gal who's in the tabloids a lot?
>
>> I wouldn't know; I don't read comic books.
>
>    I don't know if that was just a jab at tabloids, or if you a honestly have
> a confusion of terminology... Either way it's slightly amusing.

Even I'm not quite /that/ dense. ;-)

Seriously though, from what I've seen, your typical tabloid is about as
factually accurate as your typical comic book. Like comics, they
sometimes reflect real things which are actually happening in the real
world... aaaaand then most of the time they contain complete fiction.
(E.g., MMR causes autism - a claim that to this day has not one shred of
scientific evidence behind it.)