POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cities : Re: cities Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cities
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Jan 2012 03:44:19
Message: <4f1e6f63$1@news.povray.org>
On 23-1-2012 22:04, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> "nemesis"<nam### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> awesome!  Much better than the classic povray ones.
>
> Got any links or images? I don't remember any classic cityscapes.

Probably one of the oldest is Chris Colefax's City Generator, back in
the nineties of last century. It can be found nowadays here:
http://reocities.com/SiliconValley/lakes/1434/citygen.html

Then, there is city7.pov by Mike Williams. An exercise in city building
using small thumbnails for texturing the buildings. I don't know where
this is residing; probably in one of the ng's (2005).

Kirk Andrews made Sci-FiGen.inc:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.47194b73b4b604217e1bc26d0@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=361024&toff=150
maybe not a total city (I don't remember exactly).

There are number of other builders around, but I don't remember exactly
there activities... ;-)

Thomas