POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dual Server Failure : Re: Dual Server Failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dual Server Failure
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Jan 2012 19:53:57
Message: <4f1e0125$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:22:44 -0500, Aydan wrote:

> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Actually, going back to my previous point: The amount of /moisture/
>> emitted by a normal human is absurdly small. And yet, put enough of
>> them in a room, and it can get astonishingly moist in there! o_O
>
> I just had a look in Wikipedia:
> 1m³ of air at 20 can carry roughly 30ml of water (as vapour).
> 1 human sweats about 400ml to 1l per day.
> Since "normal" room air usualy has about 50% humidity that leaves about
> 15ml/m² for the sweat. That would mean 1 human can saturate 1 - 2.5 m³
> of air per hour.
> Now you just need the number of people and the size of the room to know
> how fast it saturates.

You'd also need to know the current relative humidity to know how
saturated it is before you start adding people to the room.

0% humidity is quite rare - in fact, I don't know that it's possible on
Earth other than in an artificial environment.  I live in a desert
climate (though not in the desert), and while we do easily hit below 20%
relative humidity, we don't hit 0.  (In fact, it's snowing right now)

Jim