POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Jan 2012 19:50:06
Message: <4f1e003e@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:33:42 +0000, Invisible wrote:

>>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> You were aware that Hosni Mubarak is no longer in charge in Egypt and
>> that they had a "small" revolution last year, weren't you?
>
> Nope. The politics of remote countries isn't something I generally keep
> up with. (Heck, the politics of *this* country isn't something I avidly
> follow...)

So you didn't hear about any of the so-called "Arab Spring" events?

You do know that the US pulled out of Iraq, yes?  Or were you unaware
that the US (and the UK) were at war in Iraq?  You know there's a war in
Afghanistan too, yes?  And that's still going on?

And that Osama Bin Laden is dead?

>>> What? Like it's famous or something?
>>
>> Arguably the most famous torrent site in the world.
>
> And Edgar Froese is arguably the most famous band member ever to be in
> Tangerine Dream... Have *you* ever heard of him?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have - because I have a fair collection of
Tangerine Dream albums here. :)

> Fame is a relative thing.

It is relative, but there's been a *lot* of news about illegal downloads
and torrents in the past 5 years or so.  TPB has figured into a lot of
that news, because the providers keep blocking access, and they keep
getting unblocked.

I've found it kinda hard to avoid news about that.  I'm wondering how you
managed it without even trying.

Jim