POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jan 2012 11:33:43
Message: <4f1d8be7$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Actually, I don't think many of the users in Egypt were anything more
>>> than normal users, but the techies made it easy for them to route
>>> around the government-imposed outage during the uprising there.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> You were aware that Hosni Mubarak is no longer in charge in Egypt and
> that they had a "small" revolution last year, weren't you?

Nope. The politics of remote countries isn't something I generally keep
up with. (Heck, the politics of *this* country isn't something I avidly
follow...)

>>> <boggle>
>>
>> What? Like it's famous or something?
>
> Arguably the most famous torrent site in the world.

And Edgar Froese is arguably the most famous band member ever to be in
Tangerine Dream... Have *you* ever heard of him?

Fame is a relative thing.