POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dual Server Failure : Re: Dual Server Failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dual Server Failure
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jan 2012 04:32:20
Message: <4f1d2924$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/01/2012 07:23 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> Wondering if they are running MS Windows:
>   1. Did they get a rebate on number of license ?
>   2. In case of security update, did they all update&  reboot at the same
> time ?
>
> Obviously, they are not using Apple's computers.

I'm pretty certain it all runs Linux. (I seem to recall a Google paper
about how they made various improvements to the Linux kernel to handle
SCSI error conditions better or something like that...) I have no idea
*which* Linux, of course... It's quite possible that it's something that
does cost money.