POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Boost library requirements : Re: Boost library requirements Server Time
2 May 2024 10:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boost library requirements
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 22 Jan 2012 17:30:19
Message: <4f1c8dfb$1@news.povray.org>
Le 22/01/2012 22:11, Cousin Ricky nous fit lire :
> When I try to build the boost library, I get complaints about MPI, bzip2, and
> python.  Specifically:
>    ______________________________________________________________________
>
>    warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
>    note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
>        - iconv (libc)             : yes
>        - icu                      : no
>        - icu (lib64)              : no
>        - ../config//has_gcc_visibility builds : yes
>        - ../config//has_long_double_support builds : yes
>    warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
>    note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
>    note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
>    note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
>    ______________________________________________________________________
>
> Plus 2 bzip2-related modules and 56 python-related modules that won't compile.
>
> I'll keep trying to figure this stuff out (note: unless someone posts that I can
> safely ignore these messages).  But first, I'm gonna watch the New England
> Patriots beat the Baltimore Ravens.

Boost & Python ??? uh !
I thought Boost was about C++.
AFAIK, you do not need the graph library of boost for povray.

needed are hash, thread, weak_ptr, scoped_ptr, unordered_map, condition,
string algorithm, date & time, math fancies (common factor as well as
mersenne twister... and more)... but no graph.