POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Don't mess with Hitchens : Re: Don't mess with Wikipedia Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Don't mess with Wikipedia
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jan 2012 14:09:56
Message: <4f132484$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/15/2012 2:51, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> All those people running MS software are *not* MS customers. They are an MS
> product. ;-)

Not precisely. If you bought Windows, you're a customer. If you run Windows,
you're a potential future customer (Office, upgrades, etc). Unlike broadcast
television, where there was no rational expectation of actual money coming
from the viewer in return for the TV shows before they started selling TV
shows on DVD.

It's just that the number of Windows licenses you personally buy is dwarfed
by the number that Gateway buys.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)