POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Picture index out of range. - Fatal error in renderer: Uncategorized error. : Re: Picture index out of range. - Fatal error in renderer: Uncategorizederror. Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Picture index out of range. - Fatal error in renderer: Uncategorizederror.
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 15 Jan 2012 09:19:33
Message: <4f12e075$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/15/2012 03:38 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 14/01/2012 3:02 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> Don't know why it passes 3.6 but not 3.7 ... I can verify that it DOES
>> indeed happen with 3.7. Here's what else I've discovered ... on a lark
>> since disc primitive doesn't support uv_mapping
>
> Oops! I did not check that.
>
>> I commented it out in
>> texture definition and OK fine. Added uv_mapping statement back in and
>> changed disc to sphere and it worked ... so it appears to be related to
>> uv_mapping and disc????
>
> I get an image if I change the map_type to 1, 2 or 5. At least with
> these settings. Incidentally, Bishop3D has a map_type 8 which Hugo
> called Parametric. I can see no mention of it in the docs.

the parametric object is mentioned in the uv_mapping section of the docs:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.2#Supported_Objects

however in the map_type section is does not:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_5.6#The_map_type_Option

I tried map_type 8 and it parsed ok fine ... but get this I also tried
map_type 10 then map_type 100 and those BOTH parsed as well!!!

A separate bug from what you've uncovered???

Also if someone else on the team could provide a clue as to what the
map_type 8 narrative should say, I'll make that change.

On a separate note ... Christoph posted a fix for parametric uv_mapping
back in June of last year, that will roll with RC4

http://bugs.povray.org/task/210?project=2&order=id&sort=desc