POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dual Server Failure : Re: Dual Server Failure Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dual Server Failure
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Jan 2012 06:05:46
Message: <4f12b30a@news.povray.org>
>> And also I'm assuming this is not cheap, so management do not want.
>
> Making something truly zero down-time is exceedingly expensive.

Yeah, reducing down-time isn't usually too bad, but /zero/ down-time
requires going to absurd lengths. We're talking about backup power
generators, multiple telecom providers, multiple physical locations,
continuous data replication, multiple redundant systems... it gets
expensive rapidly. As with any buying decision, you need to look at the
cost of down-time verses the cost of preventing it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/