POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Picture index out of range. - Fatal error in renderer: Uncategorized error. : Re: Picture index out of range. - Fatal error in renderer: Uncategorizederror. Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:54:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Picture index out of range. - Fatal error in renderer: Uncategorizederror.
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 14 Jan 2012 10:02:55
Message: <4f11991f$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/14/2012 09:06 AM, Stephen wrote:
> The following code fails with the following message:
> Picture index out of range.
> Picture index out of range.
> Fatal error in renderer: Uncategorized error.
> Render failed
>
> The texture scale is relevant.
>
> It does not fail in Pov 3.62
> The image map can be downloaded from:
> http://www.mmedia.is/~bjj/data/s_rings/sat_ring_color.png

Don't know why it passes 3.6 but not 3.7 ... I can verify that it DOES
indeed happen with 3.7. Here's what else I've discovered ... on a lark
since disc primitive doesn't support uv_mapping I commented it out in
texture definition and OK fine. Added uv_mapping statement back in and
changed disc to sphere and it worked ... so it appears to be related to
uv_mapping and disc????