POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Don't mess with Hitchens : Re: Don't mess with Internet comments Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Don't mess with Internet comments
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 Jan 2012 22:45:37
Message: <4f0d05e1$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/10/2012 8:20 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> And a lot of ones that "are" Christian insist there is more, then
> inexplicably can't show any. The problem is, we are talking about a
> name. Christ was a title added later. No one just pulled "Jesus" out of
> no place. More than one person had that name, so merely finding the name
> gets you no where at all.

Hmm. Addendum to this. There is some clown that gets shown on one of
the, "Its History/Discovery, or something, honest!", channels that
represents the sort of "Christian" archeologists you get. As one of
those people that had to deal with the nut put it, "He shows up at
someone's dig some place, with a camera crew, and bugs them, until they
give some wishy washy, 'maybe' to his questions of whether or not the
place they are digging up might be Gomorrah, or the Tower of Babble, or
what ever he is looking for, just to get him to shut up." He then
proceeds to make a 1 hour show on how they have proven the events of
David and Goliath, based on those vague, "maybe, now go away!",
statements. The guy probably doesn't even know what a shovel looks like,
never mind what they use anything else for.

For these sorts of "history experts" finding "John Smith" would me
absolute proof of the existence of which ever one they imagined they
where looking for, even if all they had was *part* of a name '_ohn S'.