POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How random... : Re: How random... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How random...
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 6 Jan 2012 11:14:38
Message: <4f071dee$1@news.povray.org>
Yeh.  I read the PDF.

Thanks for the info on Ivy Bridge.  I haven't looked at processor
generations for a while.  Bought a laptop about a year ago with an I7
processor.  Still have a couple of desktops with Q6600 processors from a
few years back which are still absolutely fine for day to day use and
development.

Rendering is the only thing that is really processor bound and I don't
do much of that lately.  Oh, I did have a crack at the Eternity II
puzzle but there isn't enough CPU power on the planet for that yet.

On a meta-question - Why not post a brief summary when you provide a
link?  A lot of people wouldn't bother to follow an unknown link.  I
usually don't.  Then, some people would follow the link and find it a
waste of time to them and be less inclined to look at anything you post
in the future.

Is it a deliberate strategy to tempt people, are you too lazy, or do you
feel the Invisible brand of off-beat random linkage is sufficiently
powerful?  Probably the latter and I guess around this forum that is
true - except where Haskell is involved :)