POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future seems so grim : Re: The future seems so grim Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future seems so grim
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 5 Jan 2012 21:56:13
Message: <4f0662cd$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/4/2012 8:51 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:35:57 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> Stupidly, a lot of both religious people, and left wing flower power
>> types a) have warped ideas as to what constitutes good education, b)
>> hate cities, or believe you should have lots of kids anyway, and c) may
>> not be poor enough to realize that their success at having 4-18+ kids is
>> **not** normal for everyone.
>
> I don't know about the 'left wing flower power types", but from a
> religious standpoint, promoting large families isn't uncommon -
> especially where tithing is involved.  Think of it as 'increasing the tax
> base'.
>
> Jim
Snort. Can explain where they get the absurd idea that you shouldn't tax
the rich. Just produce more poor people, if you need more taxes, the
money will magically appear in their pockets some how, never mind that
you have 95% of it already in your own bank. Though, I suppose the ones
insisting on going back to a "gold standard" have that one solved, you
just ship off all the extra poor people to dug holes, looking for more
gold you can steal.. uh, tax them.

Suddenly the apparent complete idiocy of these people makes sick sense...

But, yeah, you might be right about the left. Most flower power types
tend to be over-pro environment, even to the point of not wanting, in
some extreme cases, to offend nature by putting another human on the planet.