POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tiling type 5 + repeat warps = wallpapering non-stop : Re: tiling type 5 + repeat warps = wallpapering non-stop Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tiling type 5 + repeat warps = wallpapering non-stop
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Jan 2012 05:28:32
Message: <4f0429d0$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/01/12 10:33, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Is there a particular reason why the rendered tile is rectangular?
> Would it not make (more) sense if the tile was square?

   As trial&error is my most usual approach to geometry, I first tried
square repeats, but it did not work. Then I noticed the tiling type five
is not square, so I then applied good & old Pythagoras to get the
correct ratio. I really don't know if it can be made square, or if it
makes more sense... I just assumed it should be that way for this
specific symmetry. And for my wallpapering usage, if it tiles
seamlessly, that's enough. But I guess you're already thinking on the
Gancaloon ceramic tiles... ;)

--
Jaime