POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future seems so grim : Re: The future seems so grim Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future seems so grim
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jan 2012 22:55:54
Message: <4f03cdca$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/28/2011 3:18, Warp wrote:
> And humanity is doing little to help
> this, even though it's a very well known problem.

The best thing to do about this is to have fewer children. I don't see that
going down well anywhere except maybe China.

> doing all this *on purpose*.

Probably, yes.

> are not doing anything about it.

I disagree. Alternate sources and battery tech improves tremendously.

> namely the United States, seems to be going down hard in politics,
> science and education. It's showing troubling signs of turning into a
> theocracy-like totalitarian state in the near future.

Sucks hard, yes.

> - Large companies, especially those ones having intellectual properties,
> and especially the American ones, are slowly trying to take over the world.

It's helped along by the fact that the governments don't want users having
such freedoms either.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)