POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : AI vs HS : AI vs HS Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  AI vs HS
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Jan 2012 10:17:16
Message: <4f031bfc$1@news.povray.org>
As one commentator wrote, "artificial intelligence is no match for human
stupidity".

Our helpdesk application accepts Word documents, PowerPoint
presentations, and JPEG images as attachments, but does NOT accept PNG
files.

So if you want to take a screenshot of the error message you're getting,
you either have to put it inside a Word document, or you have to convert
it to a blurry JPEG image. I went to all the trouble of taking a
screenshot and making a PNG file out of it, and the software said
"ERROR! I'm not programmed to accept that filename." So I had to take
the crystal clear PNG file and convert it into a JPEG file with was 266%
larger and much more blurry. Given that the whole *point* of including a
screenshot is to be able to read the error message, having it nicely
blurred for you isn't very helpful.

Apparently I'm just an old fogie. Everyone else just submits things as a
Word document... :-P