POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jan 2012 09:53:34
Message: <4f01c4ed@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> Yep. The thing being that, not that long ago, they would have said the
> same thing about each other. There was a poll some time back which
> basically placed the trustworthiness of rapists higher than that of
> atheists...

  I wonder at what point atheists became the big monsters. I'm assuming
it was somewhere around when communists stopped being so scary.

> And, they will mention Buddhists, sometimes, only, I think they
> understand what those are about as well as they understand evolution.
> lol Buddhist is, in a sense, atheism that never gave up the
> supernatural

  By the strict definition of atheism, buddhists are atheists. That's
because they don't believe in any gods (in the theistic sense). AFAIK
in buddhism the question of where the universe and life came from is
irrelevant, and one shouldn't bother oneself with such inconsequential
questions.

--
                                                          - Warp