POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future seems so grim : Re: The future seems so grim Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future seems so grim
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jan 2012 14:53:56
Message: <4f00b9d4$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:04:35 -0500, John VanSickle wrote:

> I did not say that the planet is not getting warmer.  I said that the
> climate will not behave any differently.  One is not the other.

That's not particularly logical, John.  If one changes a variable, then
the outcome changes.  If the planet is getting warmer, then there are
effects caused by that - and we're seeing that.  Have you read the
reports about water shortages in (I think it was) Peru, where the glacial
melt has accelerated (demonstrated fact) and is causing a drought?

> It is now a documented fact that much of the research purported to
> support AGW was falsified and/or misrepresented,

"Much" is an exaggeration, and the data that was 'exaggerated' has been
removed from the data set, and the trends still show pretty clearly.  In
fact, that study that was funded by the Koch bros. used all of the
validated data and was intended to actually answer the question one way
or the other - and the person doing the research reportedly didn't care
what the outcome was.

And the outcome was that it's real.

> and claiming that this
> puts me into the moon-landing denier camp is mere ad hominem.

I didn't put you in that camp - in fact, I was pretty careful *not* to do
so.  So lumping this statement in with the rest makes it sound like I
did.  I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that.

Jim