POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The future seems so grim : Re: The future seems so grim Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The future seems so grim
From: John VanSickle
Date: 1 Jan 2012 09:04:36
Message: <4f0067f4@news.povray.org>
On 12/31/2011 4:29 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:31:06 -0500, John VanSickle wrote:
>
>> I see no *conclusive* evidence that the world's climate will behave any
>> differently in the next fifty years than it has in the previous fifty.
>
> There's something of a fallacy here - that science has to provide
> 'conclusive' proof of anything before it's taken seriously.
>
> There's overwhelming evidence to support the idea that the world is
> warming.  Even studies funded by climate change deniers (the recent one
> funded by the Koch bros. for example) show that the world is warming.
>
> *Absolute* proof is not the standard in scientific research.  A
> preponderance of the evidence is, but in actual scientific research, it's
> also common to provide counter-evidence.

I did not say that the planet is not getting warmer.  I said that the
climate will not behave any differently.  One is not the other.

It is now a documented fact that much of the research purported to
support AGW was falsified and/or misrepresented, and claiming that this
puts me into the moon-landing denier camp is mere ad hominem.

Regards,
John