POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 30 Dec 2011 15:45:26
Message: <4efe22e6$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/30/2011 9:23 AM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid XP v8<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> Of course, all of this is transparently a question of certain people NOT
>> LIKING a theory, and wanting to make people stop saying it's true. They
>> don't actually care about the truth, only what makes them happy. As if
>> truth can be influenced by what you believe.
>
>    What I find amusing is that, in its core, creationists dislike the theory
> of evolution for one single reason: Because it establishes that humans were
> not created as-is, but evolved from ape-like creatures. That's it, that's
> the whole objection.

Its not so odd, when you consider that they have, and do, attack other
sciences, on the grounds that it denies the age of the world, according
to them, or what they imagine the Bible says about anything. Evolution
was supposed to be the "wedge" to break everything else. However, due to
how bloody ignorant these people are about *everything*, it ended up
being the equivalent of attacking the strongest wall of a castle, using
sponges, in the theory that the whole castle will simply fall apart, if
you manage to breach it.