POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Warp
Date: 30 Dec 2011 11:23:08
Message: <4efde56c@news.povray.org>
> Of course, all of this is transparently a question of certain people NOT
> LIKING a theory, and wanting to make people stop saying it's true. They
> don't actually care about the truth, only what makes them happy. As if
> truth can be influenced by what you believe.

  What I find amusing is that, in its core, creationists dislike the theory
of evolution for one single reason: Because it establishes that humans were
not created as-is, but evolved from ape-like creatures. That's it, that's
the whole objection.

  However, rather than attack this specific claim, they want to discredit
*everything* about evolution, and everything even remotely related to it,
no matter how simple or self-evident. Some creationist pseudodocumentaries
go so far as to, for example, try to discredit the notion that the
environment determines the color of butterflies, even though there's nothing
odd or unbelievable about it (if a butterfly blends with the background, it's
less visible and hence predators will miss it more easily; and color is
something that can be easily demonstrated to be hereditary). It doesn't matter
how easy it is to understand, if it's somehow related to evolution, it must
be false.

--
                                                          - Warp