POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 29 Dec 2011 21:51:55
Message: <4efd274b$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/29/2011 5:32 AM, Warp wrote:
> Orchid XP v8<voi### [at] devnull>  wrote:
>> 2. Even if I accept that evolution is false, this does not prove that ID
>> is therefore true. DOES. NOT. FOLLOW.
>
>    This is a very typical false dichotomy. It naturally goes like: "Either
> evolution is true, or ID is true. Hence if we prove evolution to the false,
> the only possible conclusion is that ID is true."
>
>    This argumentative fallacy is really, really common. If someone wants to
> "prove" that ID is true, what is by far the most common tactic? Try to prove
> evolution as false.
>
>    Creationists use several other false dichotomies as well, such as for
> example "either the Universe was created by nothing, or it was created by
> an intelligent being", and "either life was formed by chance, or it was
> created by an intelligent being".
>
>    Of course the argument is inherently more fallacious than that. Let's
> assume for a second that the universe was indeed created by an intelligent
> being. This raises many obvious questions: What kind of being? Where is this
> being now? Does this being still exist? Where did it come from? Are there
> more than one? Was this being also created by another intelligent being?
> How did this being create the universe? What kind of powers does it have?
> Is this the only universe that it has created?

Because, to every creationist, the "what does this do for us", is,
"proves that our cherry picked list of crazy laws, moral codes, and
personal prejudices, many of which we have to treat the Bible like its
the amazing Elastagirl, to fit it to, is true as well, or something way
closer than what you liberal, atheist, communist, scientists think."
Assuming of course that they don't simply assume that those 4 things are
all redundant, and mean the same thing anyway. You need to, apparently,
be all three to be a) rich, and b) have a trophy wife, which explains
why I haven't found a rich scientist/professor, and most of them would
rather kick a vacuous air head super model, than marry one.