POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Dec 2011 05:12:09
Message: <4efaeb79$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/12/2011 03:24 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Yesterday, I burned my copy of Darwin's Black Box. Just so you know.

They say every cloud has a silver lining. And in a sense, I guess that's
true.

Darwin's Black Box is a book written by an ignorant man trying to bully
you into believing his fantasies, using the flimsiest of logic. (I gave
up approximately when he started arguing that the definition of
"science" is too limiting... Anyone who doesn't understand what science
is has no business calling themselves a scientist, in my view.)

On the other hand, reading Molecular Biology of the Gene [Watson et al]
left me uninterested, yet reading Darwin's Black Box showed me just how
interesting molecular biology is, and gave me decent intuitive
metaphores for how this stuff actually works - something which the dense
scientific reference text did not.

So I guess even something evil can harbour something good...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/