POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 27 Dec 2011 21:53:26
Message: <4efa84a6$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/27/2011 4:55 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> Some questions earned the pinnacle status of double-drink question.  Examples:
> "Why do atheists come to the Religion section?"  "Why do Catholics worship
> Mary?"  "If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?"  That last
> question really belongs in the Biology room, but young-Earth creationists aren't
> known for keeping their domains straight.  Bottoms up twice!

Yeah, its right up there in the logic level with, "If motorcycles where
based on bicycles, why are their still bicycles?", and similar
stupidities. Not just wrong category, but just.. like why they hell not?
Just because some of them got smarter meant that somehow the original
niche they filled disappeared? Brainless...

Usually, when those come up, on the blogs I go to, its some, "true
believer (tm)", trying to refute our horrible insistence on believing in
evolution, based on a laundry list of things they just can't believe we
could have possibly ever heard before. The "Drink!", thing is probably
more civilized. On the blogs, the usually result is a brief attempt to
explain, followed by, when the person proves impervious to that, a rapid
decline into, "Go look it up yourself, or at least try reading a damn
book that wasn't published by Answers In Genesis!", and then name calling.

We are the.. pit bull population, to some other people's attempts are
enlightened discussion. But then, we a) do get converts, who, every
place else they went, found someone patting them on the back, and
treating their clueless gibberish seriously, and b) the people running
the blogs have been shanghaied into enough "debates", in which they had
15 minutes to address one stupid assertion, semi-completely, out of the
endless fount of nonsense, half backed claims, outright lies, and
blatant misrepresentations that the creationist spewed in the same 15
minutes they had, that no one, from the blog owner, to the people that
post there, have *any* patience at all with people showing up with no
interest in learning, and a long list of objections that they mentally
photocopied off of what *we* call, "The list of worst claims, arguments,
and objections ever invented.", but which creationist sites insist on
labeling, "Unanswered questions, ideas that can't be refuted, and things
you should ask any biologist, museum owner, or other conspirator in the
spreed of the evils of Evolution."

Basically, you come to our bar with this sort of thing, and you won't
find many drunks, but you might find yourself dodging thrown bottles. ;) lol