POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Dec 2011 21:28:53
Message: <4ef68a65$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/24/2011 4:20 AM, andrel wrote:
> The, small, other point was that I am surprised that tea party-like
> persons in the US do not seem to use creationism as a way to pass
> legislation that makes it easier and more profitable to create new
> drugs. While there must be a fair amount of people believe the one and
> advocate the other. Either because of the reasoning above, or I simply
> missed it because it was not reported in the papers here.

Well, in point of fact they are probably not animal rights advocates,
that tends to be leftist (which irritates the hell out of me, since why
the hell we seem to need both the gullible and stupid, along side the
smart and skeptical, on the side that promotes environmental causes,
animal rights, etc., is just incomprehensible). Second point, the
majority of them deny, or ignore, how much evolution effects such
research, and generally assume on some idiot level that having a map
means you know the name of every road, who lives in every house,  every
job they do, and, to use the sort of stupid metaphor they might, which
church everyone one of them attends. What we have is a lot of lines, on
a sheet of paper, with a few labelled, and while we may know where the
guy on Dopamine A works, part time, we may have no damn clue where he
goes on the weekends, what sports he likes, or what he does on Sundays.

In short, they point out that we have a map, but they don't get that by
"map" we mean the equivalent of, "Using a blurry satellite photo, taken
from space, so we know where the fuzzy line are, which define the
general shape."

So, of course they don't promote creationism as a solution. To them
whether or not evolution or creation is true has **nothing at all** to
do with research, other than that one is some vast conspiracy being used
to make some cabal of professors rich (that they are not rich, doesn't
even occur to them, since we are also talking about idiots that either
belong to, or kiss the ass of, the 1%, and 'big pharma').