POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Dec 2011 12:58:46
Message: <4ef612d6@news.povray.org>
On 12/24/2011 7:26, Warp wrote:
> Obviously it was a combination of manual design and algorithmic generation
> of content.

I remember cracking open the level-description files for Black&White, which
were like 1-2K of text for the entire level. Elevations, "river starts
here", stuff like that, and apparently the game calculated where the forests
would grow, where the river would run, how much beach you would have, etc.
Not that B&W had large levels, but I certainly would have thought it would
take more than a hundred or so lines of text.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)