POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Warp
Date: 24 Dec 2011 10:37:45
Message: <4ef5f1c9@news.povray.org>
> It's not that these people misunderstand science or aren't good at
> logical reasoning. It's that they don't *care* about science - they just
> desperately want everyone to believe in the Bible.

  Of course creationists care about science. It's just that they like only
those branches of science that can be twisted to seemingly support their
arguments, while despising the branches of science which can't.

  In other words, they engage in blatant cherry-picking. These creationists
have no idea whatsoever what, for example, the laws of thermodynamics really
mean or how radiometric dating works, but nevertheless they consider the
latter a hoax and a lie, while the former is good and well-established
science, just because they can use the former to attempt to justify their
claims but the latter contradicts them. (I have never heard any argument
whatsoever why they believe the laws of thermodynamics to be accurate and
good science, while at the same time denigrating many other branches of
science. They just are, because they say so. No explanation needed. If
nothing else, this is a double standard.)

--
                                                          - Warp