POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
From: Warp
Date: 24 Dec 2011 10:26:22
Message: <4ef5ef1e@news.povray.org>
> I saw a post where someone showed a big pile of sunken ships that nobody
> talks about and you'd need to be able to breathe water just to be able to
> find. Just something to randomly run across if you're actually exploring around.

> Stuff like that is cool.

  As said, the outworld in the game is absolutely humongous, and full of
detail, and it all looks very natural.

  Every place looks like it has been specifically designed to look like
that, but of course this is impossible. It would have taken too much time
and resources to manually put every single rock, bush and tree in place.
Obviously it was a combination of manual design and algorithmic generation
of content. It's extremely well made, since nothing jumps out as being
clearly generated by a program.

--
                                                          - Warp