POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Dec 2011 22:28:06
Message: <4ef546c6$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 00:17:46 +0100, andrel wrote:

>> Last night we watched the 2009 "Nine Lessons and Carols for Godless
>> People" - very good.  I particularly liked the bit where Robin Ince was
>> talking about how, if you reject the Theory of Evolution, you really
>> are rejecting the scientific method, and as such, shouldn't really be
>> 'believing' in anything like medicine because those use the same method
>> to be validated.
>
> I think that logically they should also try top get rid of all animal
> testing of drugs. It hampers companies in making money and it is useless
> anyway as man is not in any way related to e.g. mice.
> Then again, it is hard for me to understand their logic, if it exist at
> all.

Well, of course, that would be part of the rejection of the scientific
method which would invalidate those who reject it from being eligible for
modern medical treatments.

I also liked the "Trial by a jury of your peers?  Nah, you get a faith-
based trial." :)

The logic is ultimately pretty simple, though - if reality gets in the
way of the 'accuracy' of their religious beliefs, then clearly reality
has got it wrong.

Jim