POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Black box : Re: Black box Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black box
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Dec 2011 20:05:25
Message: <4ef52555$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/23/2011 15:17, andrel wrote:
> anyway as man is not in any way related to e.g. mice.

Sure he is.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2352-just-25-of-dna-turns-mice-into-men.html

Indeed, each type of animal has specific types of similarities. Guinea pigs
(and pigs in general) have very similar blood chemistries, which is why it's
easy to get diseases from undercooked pork and why "guinea pig" is slang for
"subject of an experiment".

Rabbits have very similar eyes and skin, which is why makeup testing uses
rabbits.

Chimpanzees have very similar immune systems, which is why you always hear
in fiction about evil biotech weapon companies having monkeys in cages.

Mice are because peopl ehave developed a strain of white mice that are
genetically very similar, so you can do repeatable experiments on generic
animal type stuff (i.e., the 95% or so of DNA we share with all mammals).

> Then again, it is hard for me to understand their logic, if it exist at all.

Well, put it this way. They don't spend money on animal testing because they
don't like animals.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)