POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More Net Questions : Re: More Net Questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Net Questions
From: Alain
Date: 23 Dec 2011 18:57:17
Message: <4ef5155d@news.povray.org>

> OK, So I am still on the hunt for the network delays I am seeing - so
> some questions about network throughput.
>
> My Hardware
>
> Windows Domain Server - (1) 1 GB ethernet
>
> File Server - (2) 1GB ethernet (bonded to share load into the same switch)
>
> Patch panel and patch cords are CAT5e
>
> In Wall wiring is combination of CAT5 and CAT5e
>
> Switch is DELL PowerConnect 2724 running in a non-managed mode
>
> about 10 users on the network
>

> What slowdowns might this kind of setup cause?
>

> Thanks

I know someone who had slow network. He discovered that he was
configured as peer to peer instead of on a domain. This can realy slow
things down.

Check for crushed or otherwise damaged cables. Any work on a wall
containint cabling? It could have damaged some cabling.

I think that, at least sometimes, a faulty network adaptor on one
computer may cause erratic trafic over the network.