POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : HDR test with sky_sphere and regular sphere : Re: HDR test with sky_sphere and regular sphere Server Time
16 Jun 2024 14:57:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR test with sky_sphere and regular sphere
From: clipka
Date: 22 Dec 2011 01:17:51
Message: <4ef2cb8f@news.povray.org>
Am 21.12.2011 17:17, schrieb acasta:

> I expected to obtain the same result at this point, on the contrary I get a much
> darker image (so lighting must be substantially different) and also an array" of
> evenly spaced irregularly-shaped "blots" over the image.
>
> Could someone please explain what is happening?

Yup: Sky spheres can be thought of as having an "emission 1 ambient 0
diffuse 0 specular 0 reflection 0" finish; note that this differs from
the default finish for normal objects, which is primarily diffuse, so
you'll have to specify these finish properties explicitly on your pseudo
sky sphere.

As for the blots, they're most likely radiosity artifacts and will
disappear once you set diffuse to 0.