POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Network Slowdown Question : Re: Network Slowdown Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Network Slowdown Question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Dec 2011 11:14:43
Message: <4ef0b473$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:35:35 -0500, Tom Austin wrote:

> What should I be looking at to help determine where the problem is
> originating from?

With network problems, I tend to start with a sniffer to see if there's
something weird going on on the network.  If you can determine the source
of the delays (like a name lookup failure/retry cycle, lots of CRC errors
or other issues that are causing problems), that can often point to a
hardware issue or some other cause that you hadn't considered.

Jim