POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 5) : Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 7) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Daily life in Gancaloon: At the Jackal (wip 7)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Dec 2011 07:11:08
Message: <4ef07b5c$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-12-2011 11:23, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I like this latest one, it's starting to feel like a real, bustling environment!
> Good posing on the customers in the foreground.
>
> I can't help feeling, though, that maybe the interior should be a little better
> lit. Perhaps a light chimney, or some form of light source (like a lamp, or
> fire) off-camera... or maybe just cranking up the exterior brightness a little.
>
> Watching with interest, wishing I had the time to devote to a project like this!
> :)

Thank you indeed, Bill. I agree with you about the light so, in the
present image a fire is indeed simulated behind the camera with two
coloured area lights, in the kitchen area. I can increase its luminosity
of course by increasing the fade distance. The sun light is already
quite brilliant: Blackbody(6500)*10 using CIE.inc. I try to keep as
natural an ambience as possible without using artificial fill in lights
and such.

About time: retirement age has also its advantages ;-)

Thomas