POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Povray: the benefits : Re: Povray: the benefits Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray: the benefits
From: John VanSickle
Date: 20 Dec 2011 06:37:29
Message: <4ef07379$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/16/2011 9:26 AM, Invisible wrote:

> OK, let me be more specific: Clearly the likes of Pixar, ILM and so
> forth must have tools that enable you to model organic shapes. It's news
> to me that normal humans can get their hands on such tools.

The Big House apps are apparently developed in-house and with some
exceptions are not available to the general public.

I am working on a modeler which to exports POV-Ray .INC files of the
model, which can be posed if the proper variable are set before calling
the file.  I intend to add scene-building in an upcoming version.  I am
giving up video gaming for a year, starting in January, so I should have
a great deal more time for working on this.

http://evilsnack.byethost22.com/lionsnake.htm

It is presently at a level that some users would call "kinda sucky and
frustrating," but it's better than trying to model a head with
hand-edited SDL.

> (And, as you know, normal humans do not have hundreds of thousands of
> pounds.)

Which is why I'm writing one of my own, because I don't have the $$$ for
a high-class modeling app, either.

Regards,
John